Tuesday, August 10, 2010
The most startling part is how quickly my list of "Things I Never Thought I Would Say" has grown. (Side note: Being a teacher, I actually did have this mental list before I had kids. The list consisted statements like, "What are you doing? We don't crawl down the hallway!" which I said to fifth graders.)
Anyway, seemingly every day I pause to think of the absurdity of what I say. I
"Oh no, sweetie, we don't use our toothbrush on our pee pee."
"Honey, let's talk about our poopy a little more quietly."
"Please don't stick your finger in your brother's nose."
"Yes, sweetie, mommy does wear a bra."
"Let's not touch the kitty's bottom."
"You're right! Your poopy does look like a letter 'P'!"
My mental list fails me. I know there's more.
I guess we'll have to wait for the boys to wake up so they can remind me.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
calls his little brother...
(I'm pretty sure the above picture was generated by a comment, such as "Mommy, look at Bug Juice!")
We don't really know why. Except that Bug Juice (you know, this stuff) is apparently quite the treat.
Incidentally, everyone else gained food related nicknames. Daddy is "Ketchup." Mommy is "Corn." Uncle Mike is goober, but that's a story for a different day.
The "Ketchup" name caused a bit of an issue the other night. See, I really do NOT (do you get the point here?) like the smell of ketchup. This is important to the story, so remember it.
Anyway, the following conversation took place.
Big Brother (formerly known as "Chicken Nugget"): Mommy, do you like ketchup? (giggles)
Mommy (aka "Corn"): Umm...not really sweetie.
Mommy: Oh! Do you mean Daddy?! Oh, well I like Daddy, but I don't like ketchup ketchup.
Big Brother: Daddy is Ketchup, Mommy! I mean, "Corn." Do you like Daddy?
Mommy Corn: Yes, sweetie. Yes, I like Daddy...I mean "Ketchup!" I just don't like real ketchup.
Oops. I hope it is clear to him now. I will feel bad if he develops some type of complex, thinking Mommy doesn't like Daddy.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
...the rain stops and your big brother is still asleep.
...you get a little extra sleep in the morning and want to do something fun in the afternoon.
...it's been a hot and rainy week and you need a break.
Then, you might want to rest.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
We went to the Cardinals game. (Something we did much more often when there were no squirmy little guys!)
I chose this particular game because of something we did last year after the Cardinal game.
I mean, really, who wouldn't want to make running the bases at Busch Stadium an annual tradition?!
This year, we were a bit more prepared for the LOOONG line. Especially since we knew those wonderful folks at Busch would keep things moving right along.
This year, even I got to take a trip around the bases. (Last year, we didn't know Daddy would get to carry the little guy around!)
So. Much. Fun.
Oh, and still the #1 Dad!
Friday, July 16, 2010
1. I have a wonderful family.
2. My younger son did NOT poop on the floor today. (Read into that what you may.)
3. My older son walked up to me today and said, "Mommy, I just want a hug from you. Okay?"
4. We are having a garage sale tomorrow. Less stuff=less stuff to keep neat and clean!
5. I have been to two interesting and exciting meetings this week.
6. My younger son seems to like swim lessons. (Unless you do the unfortunate thing of asking him to float on his back. God forbid you actually make him do it.)
7. My older son wakes up at the crack of dawn, but he will play and read in his room so I can sleep until what I (or his little brother) deem to be a reasonable hour..
8. My master's class this summer is beginning to seem manageable.
9. I found out that I will be getting paid for two full days of work last week, instead of the one and a half I was expecting.
10. My toenails are sparkly pink.
Completely unrelated (and old!) picture that also makes me happy every single time I see it.