Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Things I Never Thought I Would Say

They say you change when you become a mom. At first, I resisted this. I disbelieved. Then, I noticed I was a different person.

The most startling part is how quickly my list of "Things I Never Thought I Would Say" has grown. (Side note: Being a teacher, I actually did have this mental list before I had kids. The list consisted statements like, "What are you doing? We don't crawl down the hallway!" which I said to fifth graders.)

Anyway, seemingly every day I pause to think of the absurdity of what I say. I hope know I'm not alone in thinking this!


"Oh no, sweetie, we don't use our toothbrush on our pee pee."

"Honey, let's talk about our poopy a little more quietly."

"Please don't stick your finger in your brother's nose."

"Yes, sweetie, mommy does wear a bra."

"Let's not touch the kitty's bottom."

"You're right! Your poopy does look like a letter 'P'!"



My mental list fails me. I know there's more.

I guess we'll have to wait for the boys to wake up so they can remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment